What To Expect at Your First Orthodontic Visit
Dovorany Orthodontics is happy to offer a comprehensive orthodontic evaluation at no charge to you – we always have, we always will. Why? Because we understand that orthodontic treatment is an investment, and we believe that you should have total confidence in the people you will entrust with designing your smile. We see it as our opportunity to ensure that you are fully educated about your treatment options, and totally comfortable with your expected outcome.
First Visit (45 – 60 Minutes)
Your first visit will consist of the following:
• Introduce you to our team members, and give you a tour of our office.
• Provide a thorough orthodontic evaluation, including digital x-rays and photographs of your teeth and face.
• A comprehensive examination by Dr. Dovorany including an evaluation of teeth, gums, TMJs, and the facial
esthetics of each patient.
• Determine the most appropriate time to begin orthodontic treatment.
• Help you create a customized orthodontic treatment plan, tailored to meet your specific needs and desires.
• Discuss all of your questions and concerns.
• Explain your orthodontic insurance benefits, and present our flexible, interest-free payment options.
• Complete your diagnostic orthodontic records if you are interested in beginning treatment.
These procedures will allow Dr. Dovorany to provide a customized diagnosis, and let you know if any treatment is recommended. Dr. Dovorany will then discuss treatment options and any specific recommendations, as well as how long the treatment will take to give you that beautiful smile! Our treatment coordinator will further explain and demonstrate the chosen treatment, and discuss our many in-house financing options.
Answers to Your Questions
We encourage you to ask questions as well:
• Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed for appropriate growth and tooth eruption?
• What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
• Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
• How long will treatment take?
• How much will it cost?
• What are my payment options?
If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
When to Have an Orthodontic Evaluation
If you’ve been thinking about orthodontic treatment for yourself or someone you care about, you may be wondering: When is the right time to see an orthodontist? It’s an excellent question, and there are several ways to answer it.
You should see Dr. Dovorany any time you have a question about the alignment of your teeth or the quality of your bite. Sometimes, a problem in this area is painfully obvious – you may have difficulty biting, chewing or speaking, or some of your teeth may be clearly protruding, crowded or misplaced. If that’s the case, then it’s time to consult with our office — an orthodontist has the special skills and training needed to diagnose and treat the problem.
Other conditions may not be as clear cut. Mouth breathing, clenching or grinding your teeth, and the inability to comfortably close your lips may be signs that orthodontic treatment is needed.
Likewise, if your jaws seem to frequently shift in position or make sounds as they move, or if you find you’re unintentionally biting your cheek or the roof of your mouth, you may have an orthodontic issue. Teeth that meet abnormally can even cause a facial imbalance (asymmetry), meaning that some facial features aren’t in proportion with others. This is a problem that can often be corrected by orthodontic treatment.