The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) recommends an orthodontic screening for children by the age of 7 because a child’s jaw and skeleton are still growing and flexible. That flexibility provides Dr. Dovorany with the opportunity to identify and treat orthodontic problems before they become more serious. Early orthodontic treatment may also produce great results in less time and at less expense.
Dr. Dovorany can:
- Identify and monitor subtle problems with jaw growth, emerging teeth, and spacing that can benefit from early treatment
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Assess your child’s bite
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Help prevent serious complications or the need for surgery in the future
While treatment is often not necessary at this young age, we can monitor the child’s development and take preventative steps that can prevent serious orthodontic problems later.