Dr. Dovorany is married with three boys. He currently lives in Wausau, WI with his wife Renee and their three sons: Nick, Charlie, and Frank. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling to see his boys play hockey, and entertaining friends and colleagues. He is an avid hunter and fisherman who loves the great outdoors. Each member of Dr. Dovorany’s family has worn braces, including Dr. Dovorany himself! This means he completely understands the unique challenges and advantages of wearing orthodontic braces.
Dr. Dovorany is a member of several local, state, national, and international dental and orthodontic associations. He is the presiding President of the Spear Study Club in Central Wisconsin and devotes an extraordinary amount of his time exchanging knowledge and collaborating with dental peers on patient care. He is also a provider for the Smiles Change Lives organization, a nonprofit whereby donated orthodontic treatment is provided for certain segments of the underserved population.
Dr. Dovorany’s Education and Experience:
- A Wisconsin native, Dr. Dovorany earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from Marquette University in 1993.
- Graduating with honors, Dr. Dovorany was elected to the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society, an organization recognizing doctors graduating in the top 10% of their class.
- He was accepted into the Marquette University Orthodontic Residency Program for two years of specialized training in orthodontics.
- After obtaining his Master of Science degree and graduating as a specialist in orthodontics in 1995, he practiced in Racine for two years and was an adjunct professor teaching the graduate orthodontic residents at Marquette University.
- Dr. Dovorany moved to Wausau in 1997 where he began his private practice at Dovorany Orthodontics.
Dr. Dovorany’s Affiliations Include:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Wisconsin Society of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Fraternity
- Past President and Officer of the Marathon County & Central Wisconsin Dental Societies
- Current President of the Spear Study Club
- Seattle Study Club